Safety of Products and Services, 5 cr
The safety of products and services requires understanding of legislation, regulations and guidelines. Become familiar with these areas by enrolling to this course.
The study is carried out as online course in the Optima work environment.
- Target audience: Safety, Security and Risk Management students
- Application period: 8.–14.4.2019
- Date: 02.05.–30.08.2019
- Scope: 5 op
- Location: Online
- Price: 75€ (VAT 0%)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Virtual studies, including an online implementation in Optima platform.
The virtual implementation consists of
- self-learning regarding safety of products and services
- a case study and/or the development tasks within the topic
- an online exam
Assessment methods and criteria
In the evaluation of the implementation will be taken into account:
- The result of an exam
- A case study and/or development tasks
- Ability to follow the given schedule
Recommended or required reading
Pine, Timothy. 2012. Product Safety Excellence. Available at Laurea Finna.
The case study and/or development tasks included in the study unit shall be carried out
a) for an organisation with what the student prefers to cooperate or
b) by regarding an existing product and service.
More information will be given when the study unit begins.
- Optima platform will be opened on May 3, 2019
- The online exam will be open from August 20 until August 23, 2019
- All submissions (incl. the case study/ development tasks) should be submitted by August 28, 2019
- Re-exam will be available from August 27 until August 28, 2019
Student is able to
- apply the requirements set by legislation, directives and guidelines concerning safety of products and services
- apply risk management methods to identify, evaluate and manage risks related to products and services
- create and develop operational models, plans and guidelines for safe use of products and safe service production
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Before enrolling to this study unit, you should have adequate competence level of safety, security and risk management, which you can acquire for example by completing study unit: Business Continuity Planning 5 credits or Basics of Corporate Security and Risk Management 10 credits.
- Seats: 20-60
- Language: english
- Evaluation scale: H-5
Bachelors's degree path studies
Laurea offers path study places only in degree programmes in Finnish.
Courses and enrolment
Students of Open University of Applied Sciences study together with degree students. Each term students can choose from a variety of interesting and useful studies.