Laurea's corona instructions remain valid until the end of February
Blended learning and Master’s degree students will commence their studies as distance learning in the same manner as students that started their studies in previous years.
In January and February, the only activities organised on campuses will be teaching for full-time student groups starting their studies in January 2021 and compulsory workshops related to all students' studies. All other studies and guidance will be arranged remotely. The teachers of each study unit will provide instructions to students on how teaching and studies will be carried out.
Students who are in risk group, are ill, or are in quarantine must notify the study unit’s teacher of this. After the notification, the teacher will make arrangements with the student on the completion of their studies or the possibility of remote participation.
The arrangements made for teaching will be in force until the end of February 2021. Where necessary, Laurea will update instructions in accordance with the instructions and recommendations issued by the authorities to ensure the safety of students and staff and the continuity of operations.
Common instructions for maintaining safety
The two prerequisites for working on campus are responsible co-operation and compliance with instructions.
- No one should enter a campus unless they are completely healthy. If someone experiences any symptoms, they must immediately get tested for the coronavirus in accordance with the instructions provided by their local health care providers. Anyone who is experiencing symptoms or suspects exposure can fill out an assessment of their health status on the omaolo.fi website.
- Everyone must wear a mask while on campus. If a person is unable to use a face mask for health-related reasons, he or she will use a personal reusable protective visor. You can pick up a mask/visor from the lobby services. People may also use their own masks/visors.
- Ensure good hand hygiene and coughing etiquette. Everyone must immediately wash and sanitize their hands when entering campus facilities, moving from a space or classroom to another, and otherwise as necessary.
- Everyone should ensure thatthey maintain a distance of 1 to 2 metres to others.
- In addition to enhanced cleaning, disinfection wipes are available for wiping down shared surfaces
- We recommend that everyone download the Koronavilkku app to their phone
- Students can book campus facilities in the reservation system for their own work or for working in small groups while complying with the safety guidelines. If the space is reserved for working in a small group, the names of all participants must be recorded when reserving the space. This will speed up the tracing of potential exposure chains.
Read more about protecting yourself against coronavirus on the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare website
The guidelines issued by authorities concerning restrictions on gatherings of more than 10 people will apply to events and the organisation of higher education studies. No public events or private events will be organised at Laurea during spring 2021.
Services on the campuses
The libraries, Student Affairs Offices and ServiceDesk will be open normally on the campuses and online. Students and staff should maintain adequate safety distances and good hand hygiene when visiting the libraries and Student Affairs Offices.
Student counselling psychologists are available to see their customers on the campuses in compliance with Laurea’s safety instructions.
Travel abroad by students
Laurea's international services will be in contact with those students who have planned to start an exchange period during the spring term of 2021. The realisation of student exchanges during the spring term depends, for example, on the disease situation in the destination country.
All student travels included, for example, in project work or study units are assessed on a case-by-case basis, focusing on the potential risks. The assessment is carried out by the Security Services in collaboration with the student and the teacher responsible for the trip. After foreign travel related to project work or a study unit, students are requested to stay off campus for 10 days (or alternatively, to get tested for the coronavirus two times according to the THL guidelines).The student will make arrangements with the teacher of the study on the completion of their studies.
All students are encouraged to observe the risks related to private travel abroad. This may require a 10-day quarantine set by the authorities (or alternatively getting tested for the coronavirus twice) in accordance with THL guidelines, during which time the student may not enter the campuses.
If students have any questions related to travel, they may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.