Basics of Corporate Safety, Security and Risk Management
Learn the significance of corporate safety, security and risk management concepts and elements to organisations.
- Kohderyhmä: Anyone interested in safety, security and risk management
- Hakuaika: 25.5.-2.8.2020
- Ajoitus: 05.09.2020 - 11.12.2020
- Laajuus: 10 ECTs
- Sijainti: Online and Laurea Leppävaara
- Hinta: 150€
Study unit goals
The student is able to:
- define corporate safety, security and risk management concepts, elements and those significance to organisations
- define fundamentals of the Finnish legal system
- define fundamental corporate safety and security and risk management compliance requirements and best practices and apply those
- develop corporate safety and security
- define risk management principles and apply risk assessment and management methods
Course material and literature
- ISO31000:2018 (available in LibGuides)
- Fay, J. 2011. Contemporary Security Management (Laurea FINNA link: https://laurea.finna.fi/Record/laurus.73306)
In addition, contact session materials will be shared as well as other study materials related to legislation.
Study unit begins 5.9 at 12:30. Presence (or notification of absence of that day) required for accepting place in study unit.
Other dates are in Pakki and details of study unit will be explained on first contact session as well as Canvas.
Active participation in contact sessions is highly recommended.
Study unit also requires active independent studying of materials and subject matters given.
Total number of hours based on CR given is 270; this means approximately 19 hours of work every week, contact sessions etc. included.
05.09.2020 12.30 - 15.00
23.10.2020 15.15 - 17.45
05.12.2020 12.30 - 15.00
Schedule is subject to changes.