You will learn to describe how value is created for the customers through service design. You will also learn to plan, implement and evaluate a project using service design methods!
Learn service design and desing thinking in this online course. You will learn to use service design tools and process in real life company project!
- Kohderyhmä: people who are interested about service design
- Hakuaika: COURSE IS FULL
- Ajoitus: 24.08.2020 - 07.12.2020
- Laajuus: 10 ECTS
- Sijainti: Online
- Hinta: 150 €
The student is able to
- describe how value is createdfor the customers through service
- recognize the essence of Service Design thinking and methods
- plan, implement and evaluate a Service Design projectusing service design methods
- apply creative problem-solving and develop working methods individually and in teams
- foster entrepreneurship through service design
- Service design / design thinking
- Service design process and tools
- Customer Insight (Persona & Customer Journey)
- Value proposition
- Prototyping & testing
- Business Model Canvas
- Service Concept
Study unit consists of the following phases:
- Pre-assignment, which will be opened and informed to students prior to course start
- Service Design project kick-off day at the campus
- Online work in teams in the following phases:
- Map and Understand
- Forecast and Ideate
- Model and Evaluate
- Conceptualize and Influence (incl. making of final presentations)
- Final presentations in Zoom online workspace.
Online course in Optima with team work emphasis. Individual tasks will be done during the course as well.
Mandatory Kick off for on September 11th in Zoom.
The course starts with the individual assignments on August 24th ( to be done during 24.8.-11.9.)
Team task will be presented at Kickoff.
- 11.09.2020 15.00 - 18.00
- 13.10.2020 17.00 - 18.30
- 27.10.2020 17.00 - 18.30
- 10.11.2020 17.00 - 18.30
- 24.11.2020 17.00 - 18.30
- 01.12.2020 17.00 - 18.30
Literature and materials
- Stickdorn, M., Lawrence, A. and Hormess, M., Schneider, J. 2018.This is service design doing : applying service design thinking in the real world : a practitioner's handbook. Canada: O'Reilly.
- Ebook: https://laurea.finna.fi/Search/Results?lookfor=this+is+service+design+doing&type=AllFields
- Knapp, J., Zeratsky, J. & Kowitz, B. 2016. Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and test new ideas in Just Five Days. New York: Simon & Schuster Paperbacks.
- Individual assignments: book reading, essay-writing and Quiz and other individual tasks by project phases, 30% , scale 1-5
- Team assignment (service concept), 70% scale 1-5
- Self- and peer assessment, instructor assessment.