Introduction to Service Design Process and Methods Online
You will learn theoretical framework and key concepts of service design in this online course. In this course you will learn the design process as well as service desing methods, and tools.
This is a master’s level course, enroll if you are interested to learn more about service design! You can enroll if you have previously completed a bachelor's level degree or other suitable university degree.
- Kohderyhmä: people who are interested about service design and have completed bachelor's degree
- Hakuaika: 25.05.2020-13.09.2020
- Ajoitus: 21.09.2020 - 30.11.2020
- Laajuus: 5 ECTS
- Sijainti: Online
- Hinta: 75 €
Introduction to Service Design Process and Methods (21.9.-30.11.2020) is an online course-taking place in the Canvas working space. It begins by presenting the theoretical framework and key concepts and continues by introducing a service design process model (Double Diamond) as well as related methods and tools. Students manage the learning process independently through individual tasks and reflective assignments with peers. The course does not include any project work.
The course begins with the presentation of the theoretical framework and key concepts and is followed by the presentation of the design process, methods, and tools. The aim is to create an understanding of the possibilities and limitations of service design and encourage the student to reflect on the basis of the theoretical framework the use, usability, and outcomes of the various elements.
The contents of the course are organized in various folders which are available simultaneously. Learning is facilitated with the help of various tools and games such as memory cards, text filling tasks, quizzes which also enable evaluation of the learning outcomes.
Course includes various tasks to be taken individually as well as reflection with peers. Some of the tasks may be tied to predefined schedule.
Tasks include tests which will be taken at the student's own pace and need to be passed.
Introduction to Service Design Process and Methods course during 21.9.-30.11. is online implementation.
Literature and materials
Theoretical framework and key concepts: learning materials will be shared during the course.
- Stickdorn, M., Lawrence, A. and Hormess, M., Schneider, J. 2018.This is service design doing : applying service design thinking in the real world : a practitioner's handbook. Canada: O'Reilly.
- Assessment criteria of the individual tasks and their value regarding the final grade will be published as an integral part of the course material.
- Individual assignments, Quiz and reflective tasks with peers on Canvas, scale 1-5.
Prerequisites for participation in Master's studies:
Persons who have for example, a bachelor's degree or other suitable university degree can apply for the courses.
There is 10 places in this course reserved for open UAS students.